Pause. Connect. Worship. Grow.
Sabbath is the culmination of Creation. We set aside the Sabbath day for the purpose of holy rest, sacred connection, and life-giving worship. In Fall 2020 we began a new rhythm of communal life together. The rhythm begins and ends with Sabbath, and then begins again…
Whereas the day is shaped by freedom, we are encouraging everyone to set time aside for three unique movements: PRELUDE, communal GATHERING, and CIRCLES. Begin your day with a quiet, reflective time with God at the place and time of your choosing. Join us from 11 to 11:45AM (EST) for a brief interactive service. Connect and experience spiritual growth in meaningful conversation with a small group of people.
The prelude portion of worship on the Sabbath day is intended to provide a space where you can begin to pull yourself out of the busyness of your day to day life and center yourself in your life with God. The prelude may be experienced alone or with a circle of people. You can develop a personal contemplative rhythm or opt to enter into a communal virtual space for contemplation (reflective music, directed meditation, and space for silence). It is a time to remember that you are constantly surrounded by the presence of God.
We encourage everyone to converge in the same virtual space for a brief time of communal worship from 11-11:45AM (EST). We gather authentically through the creative use of Livestream, diverse voices in worship leadership, and a continued embracing of the “scratches and dents” in the lives of our congregants and on the old pews in our virtual worship space. If you would like to lead us in scripture reading or sharing your testimony, let us know!
Deepening our faith means growing with other disciples. Here you can find resources for small group gatherings, including a link to weekly sermons and scriptures, prompts for group discussion on the current week’s theme, and family-friendly activities. These resources can be used in an ongoing group, or for a one-time gathering.
If you’d like to join an ongoing Circle, sign up here!
If you are looking for a more traditional Sunday School or Bible Study group, check out the list in our online calendar.
- Sabbath | March 7, 2021
- Sabbath | February 28, 2021Sabbath at Tabernacle is broken up into three parts: PRELUDE, communal GATHERING, and CIRCLES. Today’s Scripture passage is Luke 13:1-9, 31-35.
- Sabbath | February 21, 2021
- Sabbath | February 14, 2021Join us for rest and worship on Transfiguration Sunday. We will light candles together and read the story of Jesus’ change of appearance in Luke 9:28-45.
- Sabbath | February 7, 2021This week we will hear stories of healing, and take communion together. Scripture passage Luke 7:1-17 and the hymn is Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne.
- Sabbath | January 31, 2021We set aside the Sabbath day for the purpose of holy rest, sacred connection, and life-giving worship. Our scripture passage for the week is Luke 6:1-16. This week’s hymn: I Love to Tell the Story
- Sabbath | January 24, 2021We encourage you to worship and experience rest in quiet solitude, in worshipful gathering, and in small groups.
- Sabbath | January 17, 2021Join us for a day of divine rest, where we can experience God in new ways. Join us for Sabbath.
- Sabbath | January 10, 2021
- Sabbath | January 3, 2021
- Sabbath | December 27, 2020
- Sabbath | December 20, 2020
- Sabbath | December 13, 2020
- Sabbath | December 6, 2020
- Sabbath | November 29, 2020
- Sabbath | November 22, 2020
- Sabbath | November 15, 2020
- Sabbath | November 8
- Sabbath | Sunday, November 1
- Sabbath | Sunday, October 25
- Sabbath | Sunday, October 18
- Sabbath | Sunday, October 11
- Sabbath | Sunday, October 4
- Sunday, September 27
- Sunday, September 20
- That’s Crazy!…..or is it?
- Sunday, September 13