Letter to church from Protocol Team August 2021
August 19, 2021
Dear Church Family,
On behalf of the Tabernacle Protocol Team, we wanted to give you an update on where things stand.
As you all know, the Delta variant is surging across Virginia and once again, COVID is wreaking havoc in the Commonwealth. Please hear us say that we do NOT want to close the doors to church. We know the importance of community and the importance of gathering together in Holy space. We are grateful for the hard work of the staff and volunteers as they have created a worshipful livestream option for those uncomfortable coming into the building so they can still be part of our community.
We want to commend you all on following the protocols put in place by our team. While we have not done things perfectly, we have tried our best to balance both the needs of our community while holding to the recommendations of our health officials. We are glad to say that in the almost four months of worshipping in person, we have not had a single case of community spread.
With that said, for the next few weeks we are asking the following:
- Wear masks at all times (unless you are actively leading in worship) when in the church building. The CDC recommends that even vaccinated individuals should wear masks indoors.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet from those outside your household)
- No longer share food indoors, with the one exception of communion.
- All children and youth activities, within reason, take place outdoors.
- Small groups that take place off church grounds can create their own protocol, but we do ask that you be sensitive to all members of the group and continue to create safe spaces for as many as possible.
- If you think that you have been exposed to someone with COVID, or have symptoms of COVID, please stay home and contact your physician for advice on management of those symptoms.
We all have a part in keeping one another safe!We are continuing to monitor the CDC recommendations and hope that moving backwards in our protocol will only be a temporary thing. Moving back into past protocols is not what this team wants, but we feel it is the best thing for our congregation at this moment. We will get through this–together. Thanks for your continued support.
Didn’t make the meeting on Sunday, August 22? Here is a recording of the Sunday evening’s Zoom meeting.
See more about our Music Ministry!