The Construction & Renovation Committee requests your attendance at the upcoming Quarterly Business Meeting to be held after church services on Sunday, October 25th. As indicated in the townhall meeting held on August 30th, Nelson Melton, committee chairperson, has some very important factual information to present to the congregation about our God-Sized Vision. We want everyone to be there to understand how the committee is approaching next steps for this essential structural improvement project in support of our key spiritual missions.
What will you hear?
- You will see and hear an explanation of the actual cost numbers for construction and renovation that are based on completed bidding from the Richmond construction market. What changes we have agreed to make, any updates to the needed changes based on City code requirements, and the closest we can come to actual cost numbers are included in this part of the presentation.
- You will view a couple of revised architectural drawings and reference the current plan for the sequence of construction elements. The planned sequence has been impacted by City code requirements, and you will hear about why it is important that we align the sequence to meet those code requirements.
What do you need to do?
- Please be present so that you can fully understand how the Construction & Renovation Committee is making its decisions to move forward with our structural changes.
- Encourage your church friends to attend.
- Write down any questions that you have during the meeting so that we can make every effort to answer your questions at the designated time. You will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the presentation.
- As always, feel free to reach out to any of our committee members for information related to our Construction and Renovation plans. Committee members include: Nelson Melton, Bill Welstead, Kathy McGraw, Jim McMurray, Sterling Severns, and Donna Soyars.
Your continued prayers for our Vision and how we realize that Vision are appreciated!