As of July 9, 2018, TCCC is running at capacity with 72 children and fully staffed with 29
- HVAC: new HVAC units were needed for the Williams Building’s first floor.
- TCCC is funding the project along with generous donations from several church
members. The work is in progress and is expected to be completed the week of
July 9, 2018.
- Kitchen floor: a new floor was installed as required for the Richmond Health
Department for licensing purposes. There have been issues with the
installation, which have yet to be resolved. TCCC and the church are equally
sharing this project’s cost.
- TCCC purchased a new stainless topped work prep kitchen table which will
replace one table currently in use in the kitchen. This has arrived and is awaiting
- Due to increased rigor in education practices and a demand in services, TCCC
will expand its programming to offer a Junior Kindergarten classroom for older
4 and 5 year olds, beginning September 2018.
- There will be two classrooms, each with a licensed teacher and one
assistant. The hope is to grow the program to include 20 students in total.
- An open house for the Pre-K and JK will be held in August to meet the new
teachers and answer questions families may have.
- A Scholarship Committee has been formed as a sub-committee of the TCCC
- A Scholarship Mission statement has been developed.
- A Scholarship Agreement has been developed and shared with three potential
- The Scholarship Committee will continue building a process timeline to
establish practices and protocol for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Three scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year have been offered, consistent
with last year. A deadline of July 15, 2018 was indicated for families to respond
with a confirmation to allow time to extend offers should they chose not to
attend TCCC. As of July 9, 2018, one family has met with the director and
returned required paperwork and deposits.
- Pre-K classes have participated in group swim lessons via the YMCA,
transportation by the Richmond City busses.
- The Yellow Room is currently taking swim lessons. New bus routes have altered
the logistics, but it is working out when the appropriate number of chaperones
- Full time employees were offered the opportunity to earn an additional
employment bonus based on six months of employment and positive
performance appraisals at the conclusion of the new director’s six months in
service. Ten out of eleven employees remained employed during the transition
period and will receive bonuses to recognize the added efforts and support they
- A Parental Leave Policy was adopted and added as an addendum to the
Employee Policy Handbook.
- New Emergency Management Manuals were developed and follow-up fire drills
have been conducted and logged.
- New Occupancy Permit was finalized in April 2018, increasing TCCC capacity to 80
- In May, TCCC celebrated its teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week. The
parents helped to treat the teachers to lunches, snacks, and coffee throughout the
- The 2017-18 Pre-K class held their graduation ceremony at the end of
May. Families, church members, previous staff, and former director Frances
Thrift were in attendance. Portraits were completed by Sterling and presented
to the children as gifts from the church during the ceremony.
- TCCC children continue to participate in a weekly chapel conducted by the
director and pastoral staff on a rotating schedule every Wednesday. Miriam and
Vincent have been added to the summer schedule.
- As of June 30, 2018 (mid-year), TCCC’s financial condition continues
strong. For more detail, please see TCCC Financial Reports included elsewhere in this
Quarterly Business Report.
Kristen OSullivan, TCCC Director