Last Sunday, we continued our series on biasses.
Community Bias: It’s almost impossible to see what our community doesn’t, can’t, or won’t see.
Here are some helpful resources to delve deeper into some root causes of this particular bias and wisdom from some fellow sojourners. We encourage you to deliberately seek out time with fellow Jesus followers as you explore and pray about this in the week ahead.
- Listen to Community Bias: a brief introduction.
- Listen to the Sermon. (John 4)
- Going against the flow: Listen to the Podcast or Read the transcript of the conversation.
- Seeing as a social act: Listen to the Podcast or Read the transcript of the conversation.
- To Be a Healer: Explore the devastating role of loneliness and begin to practice deeper forms of connection (including solitude with God) Listen to the Podcast or Read the transcript of the conversation.
- Reflect on a quote:
“It is not physical solitude that actually separates one from others, not physical isolation, but spiritual isolation. It is not the desert island nor the stony wilderness that cuts you off from the people you love. It is the wilderness in the mind, the desert wastes in the heart through which one wanders lost and a stranger. When one is a stranger to oneself, then one is estranged from others, too.”Anne Morrow Lindbergh Gift From the Sea